Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

8.07.2012

Our Week at the Lake, Part One... Welcome to Mullett Lake


 Only a few weeks ago, I mentioned my visit to Mullett Lake with Geoffrey and Hope.  I also featured some of Geoffrey's wonderful photos from the visit

When I mentioned that Mullett Lake is one of my favorite places, I did not explain my history there.  As a child, my family often stayed in a little cottage on Mullett Lake for a week in the summer.  As an adult, it was a great pleasure for me to return there with my husband and son 6 years ago when we brought Geoffrey for his first time at the age of 5. 

With our trip to Indianapolis already planned for July, and another trip scheduled out to Kansas City later in August, we certainly did not have any other travel plans for this summer.  But, after our afternoon out at Mullett Lake with Aunt Linda, I just could not get the place out of my mind.  I placed a call to find out the availability of the cottage, and was happily able to schedule us for a week immediately following our time in Indy. 

And so we began the unexpected blessing of our week at the lake together.  The time was wonderful, too wonderful to sum up in a single post.  This is the "Wecome," a view into our first evening at Mullett Lake.  Since we had departed from Indy at about 8:30 that morning, and made a quick stop at home, we didn't arrive at the lake until early evening.  We made good use of our time, though, saving the unpacking for later in favor of making sure we got our first swim.  :)  Later, my parents came by to watch the sunset with us.  We were tucked into bed that night hearing the sound of the waves hitting the shore outside our window, knowing that we were beginning a very special time together.











No comments:

Post a Comment