Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

8.13.2012

a summer tradition

Starting when he was eight years old, Geoffrey has been enjoying an independent visit with my parents in the summer.  The last couple of years, his trip was about a week long, and he has made wonderful memories during those times.  My dad, Geoffrey's 'Papa,' has taken Geoffrey to some amazing places, and my mom, 'Nana,' loves to have Geoffrey around the house to care for (and maybe spoil a little... actually they both do that!). 

This summer, Geoffrey had just a little extra time with Papa & Nana after our trip to Mullett Lake, and my dad brought him back home a few days later.  They all spent the day together on Mackinac Island, the highlight (I think) being the Butterfly Conservatory.




























Geoffrey and Papa also had a great time stopping in to visit the John Ball Zoo. 












I hope that Geoffrey will always hold these memories dear.  I know he'll be looking forward to more adventures next summer.  And, by the way, Hope is already asking for her turn... but not yet!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment