Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

7.06.2012

up north

I took the opportunity last week to bring Geoffrey & Hope up north to visit my family.  It was a great time for relaxing with Nana and Papa, and just enjoying some playing-around time!




We also spent some time visiting with my grandma, who will turn 96 in just a few short weeks.  What was a nice, quiet afternoon for her I think remained nice after our arrival, but not exactly quiet!  My kids are lots of things, but quiet is not usually one of them.





We spent the afternoon at one of my favorite places, Mullett Lake, with one of my favorite people, my aunt Linda.  The kids played around in the sand, and we played a bit in the water, too.  It would be my wish to live there at Mullett Lake... it is so beautiful and peaceful, and truly some of my fondest memories were made there. 

In a separate post, I will feature Geoffrey's photos from our time at Mullett Lake... they're pretty neat, and I think deserve to have their own spotlight.  :)

One of the best parts of our trip up north, for me, was the evening I spent with my dad hiking out near Lake Huron.  Dad hikes out there often, and frequently spots eagles in the area.  We saw a couple that night, which was pretty special.  But, as I told my dad, what was really special for me was just being with him.  Since words are insufficient, I leave you with some photos from the evening.  Once again, I know that I am blessed.



















No comments:

Post a Comment