Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

8.16.2012

I Will Be Here



Fifteen years ago today was a blessed day for us... it was our wedding day!  I want to take a moment today to say how thankful I am to be married to such a wonderful man. 

Steve & I were pretty young when we got married (22, in fact... and yes, that makes us 37 now).  Our fifteen years together have brought us lots of happiness, to be sure.  But we have faced many challenges and trials as well.  Yes, many. 

But let me say this... no matter what, I always knew neither one of us was going anywhere.  That is because the vows we took together all those years ago were more than words, they were sacred promises.  I think what has allowed us to get through hard times has been the security of knowing that we shared that commitment, that staying power.  I never had to worry that Steve might leave, and I know he didn't have to worry about me giving up either. 

The trials we've faced together have made us stronger, individually and as a couple.  We are who we are because of all we've gone through.  Scripture tells us, "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials... because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  (James 1:2-4)  We have also heard, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."  (Romans 5:1-4)


One of the songs we chose which was sung at our wedding is this piece by Steven Curits Chapman, "I Will Be Here."  Today I remember the words of this song, and I realize how true they have been in our marriage.  I am blessed knowing that we will continue to live together in this marriage, in this life.  No matter what will come our way, I know we will still be here together. 

Happy Anniversary, Steve!  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Anniversary, Steve and Nikki! I was just introduced to your blog and have enjoyed reading of your family adventures. Nikki, you have a real talent for putting down your thoughts and picturing your family's activities. I'm glad that Aunt Betsy forwarded this informative journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunt Carol! Glad you're here! Thanks for your nice words... I definitely enjoy making this blog, and I'm glad you enjoyed visiting.

      Delete