Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

9.05.2012

My Best Friends

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another:
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one.  ~C.S. Lewis

There comes a point in your life when you realize who really matters, who never did,
and who always will.  ~Unknown


One of the greatest blessings in my life is the gift of these two women,
my best friends Jen & Stacey!

Last week, the three of us got together for an evening out, something we try to do once each month.  As our sort of 'farewell to summer,' we had a lovely evening enjoying dinner together and then walking down near the beach.  After the sunset, we shared an impromptu ride on the carousel and then settled in on a swing to just talk.  There were even fireworks!! 







These friends are sort of like the answer to what I seem to have been always waiting for in my life.  I just never had friends like these wonderful women before.  That is because our friendship is rooted in this biblical principle from 1 Thessalonians 5:11, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up."  Too often, it seems that grown women relate to each other more as adolescents, gossiping and cutting one another down.  I am so blessed to have found friends who understand what it is supposed to mean
to truly be a friend.  Love you girls!


Friendships are fragile things and require as much care in handling as
any other fragile and precious thing.  ~Randolph S. Bourne

What is a Friend? I will tell you. It is a person with whom
you dare to be yourself.  ~Frank Crane




1 comment:

  1. You have no idea what you two mean to me! I am so happy that somehow God made us cross paths so many years ago. And you said it all...FINALLY, someone I can be ME around! (and you STILL love me!!!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete