Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

5.18.2012

a pleasant discovery

We all have places in our homes (and our lives) that we pass by over and over (and over and over) each day.  So often we may not truly 'see' our surroundings.

Monday, I was walking through one of these places in my home--my entryway.  This is the place we go through each time we leave or enter our home.  I'm usually in a hurry... either on my way somewhere (and often running later than I'd like to be) or on my way back in.  I sometimes might notice a rabbit in the front yard, but usually I just walk on through.  But Monday morning, when I took a moment to glance out the window I had a pleasant surprise.

On our porch we have a hanging flower basket, which for the last couple of years I have filled with fake flower stems.  (I know, I know... I really need to do better with this...)  Last years yellow flowers have not yet been refreshed (or better yet, replaced with authentic flowers...) and the basket also has weeds growing in it.  But as I glanced out, I discovered a Mama bird has made her nest in our little basket.  Later on when she had left the nest I was able to take a look at her babies.


















In the last several days, we have had the chance to check on the baby birds several times, and I'm happy to report that they are doing fine.  They are getting bigger and their feathers are filling in. 

May I always see the beauty around me which is always there, just waiting to be noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment