Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

11.03.2012

the place i am going

All this week (well, not just this week, right?) I've been working through some important issues.  I've been struggling to decide what...how...how much to share here on my blog.  See, this is a personal space for me, but it is also a public forum.  Anyone, anywhere can read the words I commit to this space.  And, so, there are probably few words I will actually share here to describe the place I have been, but I will talk about the place I am going.

In addition to the challenges of my waking hours, my dreaming mind has also been holding on to a lot of past hurts and fears.  It has been a hard week (again... well,not just this week, right?). 

But last night, with my two best friends at a very special concert, I felt God directing me to let go.  I could feel Him telling me that He knows I didn't know what His plans were, but that His plans were still good.  That I don't need those hurts and fears of the past.  That I can truly move forward.  That my only job then was to be obedient, and that was what I did.  That letting go is not the same thing as failing or giving up.  Rather, in the letting go, I am just letting God take over.  I have done my part, and my part is done. 

One of the songs that spoke to me very powerfully was "Say My Name" by an artist I had never previously heard, Lindsay McCaul.  Here were the words that really grabbed my attention:

"Looking back for one more glance
never made a second chance,
I cradle the pain; regret that remains.
I play it over and over, differently
But it's over 'cause You said I am free.
You say my name
and tell me I can walk away
from all my fears and yesterday
I can hear You calling.
You say my name
and tell me there's a better place,
Lead me to Your sweet embrace..."


Another song that really resonated withing me was "We Are the Broken," by Matthew West.  Here are a few of those words:

"Most my life I’ve been doing my best to
Try and hide anything less than perfect
I covered up all my scars
I gotta make them think I’ve got it together
Make believe nobody ever has to see
What I keep in the dark
Truth is, I was wrong
That’s the part that you have wanted all along.
We are, we are, we are the broken
But we are, we are, we are the chosen
So come on shine, shine, shine
Your beautiful light
Through the cracks inside our hearts tonight
‘Cause we are, we are, we are the broken"


See, the place I have been has been has been broken, and the place I am going... the place God is leading me...that is a place of healing.  If you look for them, you would probably still be able to see those broken lines, but if you look closer you can see they are mending by God's own hand.

1 comment:

  1. You are headed in the right direction when you are headed towards God and the promises he makes to His children. He will heal you and give you peace, not as the world gives, but a better peace. I know you are pleasing God as you hand more and more of your life over to Him and let Him work in you and through you. Praise be to God always! I love you!

    ReplyDelete