Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

8.14.2010

Eli


What a little handful my Eli has turned out to be!! :) And isn't that a blessing? In the 9 months Eli has been home with us, he has really started to blossom and is learning more and more every day. With so much in his past to feel confused and sad about, it is wonderful to see how much joy and true happiness Eli is finding in his life now! Earlier today I had some moments with him that were like little presents--like this morning when I said "I love you," and he (unprompted) replied in his own way "I uh oo!" (and repeated it twice more, I might add!) And later on we practiced spelling his name by singing a little song (Eli, Eli, E-L-I...). Then, when a particular episode of "Sesame Street" scared him, what he did may seem simple enough, but was actually nothing short of amazing--he crawled right over as close as could be to sit right next to his Momma!


God has already done such mighty things for Eli, and I know He is not finished yet! I am blessed to be a part of this work in Eli's life. I am so excited for him to start his special pre-school program in a few weeks, and to watch as my little seedling continues to grow stronger.

1 comment: