Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

10.04.2012

Not a Hair Blog: Hope's New 'Do

I'm back, with another installment in my "Not a Hair Blog" feature.  A few weeks ago, I shared Hope's pink yarn twists.  Well, they were a big hit!  Not only did Hope recieve lots of compliments on the look, more importantly... she loved those pink twists!!




We got a good three weeks out of the yarn twists.  Even though they still looked great, I took them out last weekend because some of the twists seemed as though they were starting to lock, which is not what we wanted to happen.  The twists came out so easily!  They left behind a beautiful curl pattern.




So, after wearing her twist-out to church Sunday, it was time to wash and condition Hope's beautiful hair.  We had decided on a very simple look for her next style... and yes, I do mean "we," meaning Hope and me.  She will wear this style only for about a week, because it is not a long-lasting protective style.  But it sure is fun and cute!

(This was Day One)

(This was taken on Day Three of the style)

So, you can see the style consists of two pigtails, formed by a center part, with one braid along the face.  Before bed, I do take a few minutes to add moiturizer to Hope's hair and then either braid or twist each pigtail.  This helps keep her hair from drying out and from tangling too much.  In the morning, then, I just remove the braids or twists and finger-comb through each section. 

What you can't see here in the photos is just how soft and bouncy these pigtails are!  They have lots of movement, and Hope thinks they are fabulous!  Which, as I always say, is what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment