Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

10.29.2012

God in ...

It is easy to feel God when you are happy, things are going well (or the way you want them to).  It is easy to praise God on days full of smile and laughter.

We know God is in our times of contentment, we can see God so clearly when our hearts feel full.

But, I know God is in other moments, too.  I feel God in sadness, for He is my Father and just as I would comfort my child when he or she is sad, so will God comfort me.  I feel God in brokenness, for Jesus was broken upon the cross.  I feel God in suffering, for God's Word tells me: "We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us..." (Romans 5:3-5) 

So, in one of these kind of  moments, when I am seeking God and wanting and needing to feel Him, feel free to join me as I climb up into His lap.





No comments:

Post a Comment