Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

10.21.2012

I'm Not My Finished Product


My dear, sweet friend Jen, author of the blog Random Simple Things, opened up my eyes to something important just the other day in her post titled, "wake up, People!"

I'd like to invite you to click on over to her blog and check it out.  Keep your mind and heart open and see which area of your own life you may find yourself being challenged in.  For Jen, it was her People magazine  For me, it is my long-time viewing habit of the soap opera "Days of Our Lives."  I had to ask myself how my immersion in the story lines of this show helps me to be who God intends me to be... The answer is obvious (that it doesn't!), but I have put off acknowledging that for a long, long time.  I told myself that it was harmless, my own "guilty pleasure," as Jen puts it.

No more.  That is not good enough.  See, I am not my finished product... I am still striving each day to be molded and shaped into the person God sees when He sees me, that person He intended me to be when He first thought of me.  And when I look at each day in those terms, there simply isn't room for that kind of "soul pollution."

I can't put my show in the garbage with Jen's People magazines, but I will be clearing it off of my TiVo today, and will not be watching it any longer.  The devil isn't going to mess with this Mama either!  Thanks, Jen, for the inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. This put a tear in my eye! You have such a gift for how you word things! I know God is pleased with your decision and that He will bless your seeking to hold yourself to His standards. He says in 1 Jn 5:3 that the love of God is to keep His commandments and His commandments are not burdensome (in King James it uses the word grievous, which I like). I am so proud of the Godly woman and "mama" you are! Your kids, and especially your daughter, will learn so much through your example. I do too! I love you!

    ReplyDelete