Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

7.10.2012

Sunday

On Sunday, we set out on another family adventure... a pretty simple pleasure, really... we visited our local zoo.  We gave Hope the option of using her stroller or walking (it's a small zoo) and she decided she wanted to walk.  (While we were there, I think she was wishing she had chosen the stroller... in fact, she tried to claim someone else's which was parked outside of the butterfly house.)  Watching her walking around with Geoffrey, I was struck by how much Geoffrey has grown up.  In fact, I feel as though I have watched him grow up at this zoo.  When we first brought him, he was two years old.  That was the same year he told us he wanted to be a zookeeper.  I won't be at all surprised if he ends up having a job at this zoo when he gets a bit older.  He frequently engages in thoughtful conversations with zoo staff during our visits, and time and time again they are impressed with his knowledge and love of animals.  (This happens when we visit other zoos, too.)

This was only Hope's second visit to our zoo, and I could see how much pleasure Geoffrey took in sharing this experience as a family.  I am so thankful to be enjoying life so fully with my kids, and to made aware continually just how blessed I am.  As tired as I felt at the end of our zoo visit (which came the day after our day at the beach), I was and am just so happy.



















Let me also not forget to mention that Geoffrey is once again featured for his photography in this post.  Other than the photos inside the butterfly house, basically, if you don't see Geoffrey in the picture, then he took it.






Here is Geoffrey having one of his conversations with zoo staff. 
I think she would have given him a job on the spot if it was up to her.
 
"You wanna wake up?"




Native butterfly outside the butterfly house,
photo by Geoffrey



















There is more than a pair of sunglasses atop my head...
Do you see the butterfly?  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment