Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

4.05.2013

knowing



There is an aspect of my personality that is relentless.  (Yes, to those of you know me in person I realize that statement came as no surprise to you!)  I believe relentlessness is a good quality, and possessing relentlessness has in large part brought me right where I am today.  In recent years, my life has been almost completely changed because of relentlessness.  

This relentlessness creates in me an acute sense of knowing.  Let me explain what I mean.  Once I have knowledge about something, I am unable to pretend I don't know that particular thing.  In other words, I am incapable of unknowing.  

Recently, my relentlessness has been expanding to removing any and all sources of unhealthiness from my life.  See, I started reading (knowing) more and more about issues related to nutrition, chemicals in products we consume/use, and ways to ensure that everything entering my body (not just food!) is not harmful.  And, as I already stated, now that I know what I know, I cannot unknow it!  

In the last three months, I have completely stopped drinking pop, I have eliminated the processed foods in my home and replaced them with organic and/or non-GMO foods, I have switched all (and I do mean all!) of my skin and hair care products to those that are organic and/or truly natural, and I have begun to learn how to use natural remedies and essential oils to treat common ailments, rather than relying on medications.  All of what I am learning is changing me, and I like it!  I invite you over to Pinterest to sample any of the articles I've collected there on my "All Things Healthy" board.  You do not have to have a Pinterest account to visit my board.  If you see a description that interests you, just click on the image to expand it, then click the image again to visit the original source.

I love being a work in progress, and I intend to never stop learning and expanding on all those things I cannot unknow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment