Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

6.07.2011

What Fabulous Hair! (Part Two)

















Last fall, I wrote about the fun Hope & I have with her hair. I'm happy to say that my skills are really improving with practice. When asked, "Who braided her hair?" (often by African-American females), I am always proud to be able to reply, "I did!" It is also nice to then hear in response what a nice job I did!


As my skills improve, my styles for Hope have gotten nicer, and can last a lot longer. We used to style once a week, but now we are able to go a month (sometimes longer) in between styles. This is good, since it literally takes hours to go from one style to the next. (Un-braiding, washing/conditioning, detangling, and putting in the new style can take 6-7 hours over the course of 2-3 days... un-braiding all those dozens of braids alone takes 1-2 hours, so then we like to enjoy the curly, "braid-out" Afro for at least a couple of days before moving on.) The amount of braids I am able to put in has also increased--I can do anywhere from 50-70 braids in a particular style depending on how small I make each one. I have also learned to add beads to all those braids--what a fun way to change the look of her style and she LOVES the sound her hair makes when she shakes her head around. Let's just say... we can always hear Hope coming!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous head of hair that girl has & how wonderful that she has such a talented mom to make her stylin'!

    ReplyDelete