Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

1.13.2012

amazing

Even though recent times have been so difficult, I want to make sure I don't forget a very special moment a couple of months ago. And so, before things go any further, I want to write it down here.
I was sharing with a family friend who was asking to hear about Eli. After I told him some of what had been going on, I simply said, "Right now it's a real cross." Truly, I have never in my life spoken those words in that exact way before. You often hear people talk of a "cross to bear," but it is not a phrase I typically use, and I have never referred to the concept in that way.
The following morning, a different friend approached me to inquire about Eli. As I shared with her, she listened intently and offered me support and compassion. She looked into my eyes and said, "Right now it's a real cross." The exact words I had spoken to another person just the night before were being given back to me. In that moment I felt God telling me, "I hear you. I know. I see and I understand."
As our lives begin moving in a direction we never anticipated, I need to remember the feeling I had on that morning. I need to remember that God does hear me--He knows--He sees and He understands. And as long as I continue to walk as His faithful servant, then I can accept my cross, and I can carry it knowing I do not carry it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment