Ecclesiastes 3: 1 "For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

9.13.2011

It's Been a While

The other day I realized it's been a really long time since I shared anything here on "Blessed Life." I guess you could say I took the summer "off," although if you know me and my family, you know I definitely was not off! :) Now that the boys have gone back to school, and we are getting into new day-to-day routines, I am looking forward to having more time to spend here.

As summer ends, it seems that whenever I run into someone I haven't seen in a while, the big question always is, "How was your summer?" I admit I just don't know how to answer that question this year. The question reminds me of when someone asks "How are you?" but really only wants to hear a repsonse like "Fine." Most people would probably not really want me to go into details about how our summer really was. The truth is it was not an easy time, but God is seeing us through.

I am a big believer that our lives go through seasons. This past summer started a season for our family that is stretching us in new ways. Like all trials, I am confident that God will use this time to draw us closer to Himself and to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment